This is the 3rd article in the How to Create a Blog :
Article 1 – How to create a blog I – The choice of niche
Article 2 – How to create a blog II – A Choice of domain and accommodation
In today"s article I will explain how to install WordPress to start your blog. As I"ve mentioned several times, in my opinion WordPress is by far the best platform for blogging.
HOW TO INSTALL THE WORDPRESS
Typically, hosting companies provide the script installer (or something similar) from which you can install scripts for free, including WordPress.
In article 2 I recommended the hosting companies: PTWS and PTWebsite , both of which provide the script installer to which I refer.
- Go to the control panel of your hosting account. Usually to access is at the address: www.nomedoblog.com/cpanel (or .net ;. Org; etc, as the case may be).
- Browse to the “Software / Services" section. There you will find “Installatron" or “Fantastico". Click the one in your dashboard.
- On the next page click the “WordPress" application – which is in “Blogs" / “CMS" or something similar.
- On the next page click “Install Application".
- On the page that opens your domain will appear and to install WordPress at the root of the domain you should leave the “Path" box blank. (Note: If wordpress is “delete").
- Click the “Next" button, and follow the instructions. Fills the appearing fields.
- Finally, click on “Submit" / “Install".
And then, in a few seconds you will have wordpress installed and you can start working on your new blog.
Note: To access the wordpress control panel of your blog the address is: www.nomedoblog.com/wp-admin
In the next article I"ll tell you a bit about the operation of this control panel. To the next.